The Virtual Care Group was built with the needs of college and university students, faculty, and staff in mind. With the increasing prevalence of mental health issues, here is a sample of some of the specialized care our counselors provide:
- ADHD/Learning Disabilities
- Anger Management
- Faith Based Counseling
- Crisis Intervention
- Cross Cultural Issues
- Domestic Violence
- Expat Counseling
- First Nation/Aboriginal Issues
- Sexual Abuse
- Sexual Harassment
- Transgender/Gender Identity
In addition, our virtual medical services can fill the need for many of the most common causes of visits to urgent care and physician’s offices, such as:
- Back Pain
- Cold & Flu
- Digestive Distress
- Ear Pain
- Eye Irritation
- Sinus Infection
- Skin Infection
- Sprains and Strains
- Stomach Flu / Vomiting & Diarrhea
- Strep Throat
- Urinary Tract Infection
*With many of the above issues, because of concerns of contagion, there is enormous benefit to conducting these visits virtually.
The Virtual Care Group takes great pride in offering premium mental health services with top-caliber providers. Based on requirements established by the Council on Accreditation (COA), all of our therapists must possess the following:
- A master's or doctorate in psychology, clinical social work, educational psychology, or a related mental health field.
- A minimum of five years of post-master level clinical experience.
- Specialized training in the delivery of trauma services by our accredited, certified, and recognized trauma trainers.
- An advanced training certificate from the International Critical Incident Stress Foundation.
- Extensive training in crisis management and trauma, as well as in the triage, consultation, and conversation around the de-escalation of anxiety.
- HIPAA training prior to service and at regular intervals after that.
- Specialized training in communication and providing support to college students over the phone and through web-based video.
- Membership in good standing with an accredited association within their field and a license in their state. These certifications and requirements are reviewed and audited annually by our team.